If you’ve ever travelled by plane, then you know how important it is to keep track of your flight PNR status. From the booking confirmation to the boarding pass, knowing where and when your flight is scheduled can help you plan and stay on top of your travel plans. But what exactly is PNR status? How do you track it? And what else do you need to know about it before your next flight? In this blog post, we will answer all these questions and more, so that you can be informed about every aspect of your travel. Read on for everything you need to know about flight pnr status and how to track it.
What is PNR status?
When you book a flight, the airline creates a passenger name record (PNR) with your personal information and stores it in their database. The PNR status is a record of your booking that includes the itinerary, contact details, and ticketing information. It also contains your passenger name and contact information.
You can track your PNR status by using the airline’s website or mobile app. To do this, you will need to enter your PNR number into the relevant field. Once you have done this, you will be able to see the current status of your booking. If there are any changes to your itinerary, such as a delay or cancellation, you will be notified via the PNR status.
It is important to keep track of your PNR status as it can help you stay up-to-date with any changes to your flight. It can also be useful if you need to contact the airline about your booking.
How to check your PNR status
Assuming that you have booked a flight ticket, PNR or otherwise known as ‘Passenger Name Record’ is generated. This PNR is your identity and is used to store all your travel-related information like your name, contact details, seat preference, meal preference etc. A PNR number is generally printed at the top left corner of a physical ticket or can be found in the booking confirmation email/SMS. It is a 10-digit unique number that helps you track your flight status.
The steps to check PNR Status are as follows:
1) Enter your 10-digit PNR number in the required field on the website or mobile app.
2) Click on the ‘Check PNR Status’ button (on website) or ‘enter’ (on mobile app).
3) Your current booking status will be displayed on the screen. The various statuses are –
• Booked but not confirmed: You will see this when you have booked a train ticket but it is not yet confirmed by IRCTC.
• CNF: Confirmed – This means that your booking has been confirmed and you can board the train.
• RAC: Reservation against cancellation – When there are more passengers than seats available in a particular class, some of them get RAC tickets. This means that they can board the train but will have to share their seats with other R
What does PNR status mean?
“PNR” stands for “Passenger Name Record.” Your PNR is a record in the airline’s system that has your personal information and itinerary details. The PNR number is used to track and manage your booking.
Your PNR status includes information like your seat number, meal preferences, and any special requests you made at the time of booking. It also includes your contact information in case the airline needs to get in touch with you.
You can check your PNR status online or by calling the airline. To check your PNR status online, you’ll need to enter your PNR number on the airline’s website. Once you’ve entered your PNR number, you’ll be able to see your current booking status.
If you’re unsure of your PNR number, you can find it on your confirmation email or e-ticket. If you still can’t find it, you can always call the airline directly and they’ll be able to help you out.
Now that you know all about PNR status, tracking yours should be a breeze!
Why is it important to track your PNR status?
There are many reasons why it is important to track your PNR status. Here are some of the most important ones:
1. You can avoid missing your flight: If you know your PNR status, you can plan accordingly and make sure you don’t miss your flight.
2. You can rebook in case of cancellation: If your flight gets cancelled, you can use your PNR status to rebook on another flight.
3. You can get a refund if your flight is delayed: If your flight is delayed, you may be eligible for a refund. Tracking your PNR status will help you keep tabs on the situation and claim a refund if possible.
4. You can make changes to your booking: If you need to make changes to your booking, such as changing your seat or date of travel, tracking your PNR status will ensure that these changes are reflected in the system.
5. You can get up-to-date information about delays and cancellations: By tracking your PNR status, you can stay updated on any delays or cancellations that may affect your travel plans.
Tips for tracking your PNR status
When you book a flight, you will be given a PNR or Passenger Name Record. This is a reference number that is unique to your booking and can be used to track the status of your flight.
There are a few different ways that you can track your PNR status. One way is to contact the airline directly and ask for the status of your flight. Another way is to use an online tool like FlightAware or FlightStats. These tools will allow you to enter your PNR and track the status of your flight in real-time.
If you want to track your PNR status yourself, there are a few things that you need to know. First, you need to find out what airline you are flying with. Once you know this, you can go to their website and look for the “PNR Status” link. If you cannot find this link, try looking in the “Flight Information” section. Once you have found the link, simply enter your PNR into the form and hit enter.
You should now see the current status of your flight as well as any other relevant information such as delays or cancellations. It is important to note that the information on these websites is not always 100% accurate so it is always best to contact the airline directly if you have any concerns about your flight.
Flight PNR status is an essential component of planning a successful trip. With this information, you can make sure that your flight is on time and that all the necessary details are in order. Knowing how to track your flight pnr status will help ensure a smooth journey and free up precious time for vacationing or business activities. We hope that our guide has given you insight into what Flight PNR Status is and how it can be used to provide peace-of-mind when travelling by air.