Are you having trouble making your payroll changes? Are you unable to access your payroll? There are a variety of issues with QuickBooks. Error 15106 could be the reason. Eliminating the update error is the solution to all of the issues mentioned that are mentioned above.
In this article we will discuss the steps to fix QuickBooks Error 15106. Let’s get started. Let’s get it cleared out.
What is QuickBooks Error 15106
The QuickBooks error code 15106 is usually encountered during payroll update being performed. It happens when the payroll system or software is damaged. The update program is not opening properly. the update program, and the update program appears to be damaged, which causes an end to your work.
Reasons & Causes of Error QuickBooks 15106
Error 15106 could be because of the following reasons:
- This error may occur in the event that anti-virus software as well as spyware security software has been installed. Updates are not possible to perform.
- Furthermore it is the case that furthermore, the User Account Control feature cannot be turned off, which could cause this error.
- You do not have administrator access to the account.
QuickBooks Error Code 15106: Easy Resolving Methods
Here are some tips on how to resolve QuickBooks update error 15106.
Method 1: Administrator Account Access
- Begin by right-clicking on the QuickBooks symbol on your desktop.
- Click on then the Run Administrator option.
- Then, enter the administrator credentials.
- Select OK.
- Now you can login to the administration control panel on your computer.
This method can be utilized to substitute for.
- To start, hit on the button to start.
- Click the lower right option Switch users.
- Complete all of the Admin credentials.
- It’s now possible to change your user account into one that is an administrator.
Method 2: Disable the User Account Control Option
To correct error 15106 code, UAC must be turned off. You can alter the settings of the user account control for Windows 8, 8.1, 7 and 10. Here’s how you can accomplish it.
- Open the Start Menu and then tap on the search box.
- In the search box.
- Then you will be presented with the option to sign up for user accounts. Tap it.
- Select the option to change the settings for user control on your account.
- After that you can hit then the Never notify button, after shutting off your UAC.
- Select OK.
- Tap on Always notify after UAC is activated.
- Refresh the OK button.
- It is recommended to restart your system to verify if the error is present.
Method 3: QBs Clean Installation
Keep copies from your QuickBooks license or desktop details and backup the company’s files. In the mode of selective startup you’ll be able to shut down active programs without disrupting your work. You can follow these instructions.
- It is possible to open the windows for running by pressing Windows + R.
- In the text box and then click OK.
- In the tab General, select the Selective mode for startup.
- Click on Load system service.
- Select to hide all Microsoft services from the services tab.
- By clicking the box, users can block the entire set of Microsoft services.
- Select the option to deactivate all options.
- The box that lists the services available on the Windows installer must be verified.
- Restart your system.
- Then, uninstall QuickBooks desktop software, then reinstall it.
- Once you have successfully installed after reinstalling, you can run msconfig once more.
- After clicking OK, you will be selecting the normal option for startup within the General tab.
- Then, restart your computer.
Method 4: Using Task Manager
- To launch Task Manager, use CTRL, Shift and Esc.
- Locate the antivirus program that is running on your system on the Processes tab.
- Once you’ve found it, tap it to select End the process.
Method 5: QBs File Doctor Tool Use
Fix your QuickBooks Update error code 15106 with ease by using QuickBooks the File Doctor tool.
- It is the first thing to do accessing QuickBooks.
- There will be a dashboard displayed when you start the program. Go to the tab Company issues with files.
- You’ll find the Run QuickBooks File Doctor option in the tab. Select it.
- To detect all mistakes, it runs self-scan.
- It will be able to automatically fix all the errors that are discovered in just the space of a few minutes following an effective scan.
- Then you can restart your computer.
Method 6: Folder QBs Rename
- Click Windows + E together to start File Explorer. File Explorer.
- Go to C:/ProgramFiles\Intuit\QuickBooks(year)\Components.
- It is possible to proceed by right-clicking on the folder DownloadqbXX.
- On the left menu click Rename.
- Include that extension .old at the end of the filename.
- The last step is to upgrade the QuickBooks desktop once more.
Method 7: QBs Tools
There are a variety of tools you can install on your system to solve QuickBooks update error 15106 as well as others QuickBooks 15XXX series errors such as QuickBooks error 1541 or QBs error 15026, etc. Here’s a list.
- QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
- QBs Install Diagnostic Tool
- QuickBooks Component Repair Tool
Some Final Words
Error 15106 is usually encountered during payroll update. It is a signal of a system issue or software problem. We’ve given you rapid solutions to QuickBooks update error 15106. We have also included all you must be aware of the issue from beginning to the end. We hope that your job is going well and that you’re not having any further issues.